What is the best battery powered snow blower? Snow can be both fun and not so fun, it hinders ease of movement from one place to another as well as it is a task to actually remove the same and have clear access.
In most countries, people have to pay companies to dot the work, while indeed one can do the work by themselves and in turn save a few coins.
In that regard, people often have a dilemma in what equipment to buy, they are often in most cases given an array of products and this is really tiresome to actually choose one of the many that is the best for you.
So, when buying a snow blower, it is important to know that the overall goal is the efficiency and effectiveness of the product.
|Products||Voltage||Clearing width/depth||Body Material||Price|
Snow Joe iON18SB Snow Blower
GreenWorks Pro Cordless Snow Thrower
Snow Joe iON15SB-LT Cordless Snow Blower
Greenworks 2600402 Pro 80V 20-Inch Cordless Snow Thrower
Snow Joe iON13SS Snow Shovel Kit
Related: Best Battery Powered Snow Blower
Best Battery Powered Snow Blower Buying Guide
Most snowblowers are large, gas-powered machines with lots of moving parts that need regular maintenance to keep them running smoothly.
But battery-powered snowblowers, which are powered by rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, are perfect for the homeowner who doesn’t have a lot of storage space or the budget for gas and maintenance.
Like electric snow blowers, they’re also more environmentally friendly. Gas-powered models emit pollutants into the environment.
To have a product that can do what you want it to do and deliver top-notch results goes beyond the factor of price and customer preference which also are key in choosing what to buy.
In this case, what you can look out for is:
Ease of use
Any product should be easy to use. Sometimes we buy machines that end up being difficult to use, hence one ends up hiring someone to do it or better still spend hours trying to learn how to use it.
This is about the question of if the product or equipment will do the work you want it to do. Does it have the necessary features and work power to get the job done?
Here it’s more about the results, does it have a good work outcome? Some products are good when advertised but do not do as much as one would want them to.
Is the product affordable? The prices should cater for the different financial groups and also ensure that even for someone with a small budget; one can still manage to buy one.
Customers should have a choice, a choice in the sense that one can be in a position to find whatever they want at the almost exact preference they want to.
How long the equipments lasts is equally important. Despite them being affordable and efficient as they are effective, the other milestone should be can they last longer and still perform their work.
So what is the Best Battery Powered Snow Blower?
This type of snow blower was introduced into the market 15 years ago by a company called the Snow Joe. They are responsible for the creation of the lithium ion battery.
This new introduction into their lineup is seen to be a more reliable and consistent equipment for those snowy days which is quite friendly for sidewalks and decks.
- Contains a 40V 4. 0 AH iONMAX rechargeable lithium-Ion battery.
- Contains an auto-rotate directional chute
- Made of plastic body material
- Has no pull cords or cord extensions
- Has a weight of 32 lbs.
- The best battery snow blower has a 2year warranty
- Has a runtime of 50 min
- Its light in weight
- It is easy to maneuver around with
- It is affordable and customer friendly
- Its easy to assemble and use
- Moves about 500 pounds of snow
- Doesn’t maneuver easy on snow that is 6” deep
- No latch for the battery compartment
- Doesn’t operate well on really wet snow
- There is easy clogging.
Other Battery-Powered Snow Blowers to Consider
This snow blower is a product of the Greenworks company that was established in 2007.
This equipment that is powered by a 40 Volt battery has shown to be a powerful device for an average user to handle those light snow days to clear up your pavements. It is a reliable, competent, light, and efficient device that does justice to the work.
- Contains a battery power of 40V
- Has a weight of 33lbs
- Has a 4year warranty
- Contains one battery
- Has a headlight
- Contains a rotating chute
- Has a runtime of 45min
- It easy to assemble and use
- Its easy to maneuver through dry snow
- Has a quiet run to it
- Its affordable and customer friendly
- Does not have cord extensions
- Efficient high-performance equipment
- Does not work well on uneven ground
- Has issues with defective units
- Does not operate well on really wet snow
- The chute gets easily clogged
This equipment is part of the product manufactured by the Snow Joe company.
As seen in the other more improved snowblower machines from the same company, this one works just as well. It is quite useful when putting in 30 min of work to get the top snow off.
No maintenance is required for this single-stage snow blower machine and can last for a life time.
- Battery power of 40 Volts
- Contains one battery
- Has a 180 degrees chute that is adjustable
- Has a 2year warranty
- Has a foldable handle
- Has a runtime of 30min
- It’s easy to assemble and use
- It is light in weight
- Easy to maneuver around
- It has a quiet run to it
- Its affordable and customer friendly
- It’s effective on flat surfaces and dry snow.
- The chute easily comes off
- It clogs easily
- Does not operate well on wet snow
- Does not operate well on uneven grounds
- Does not have a powerful battery: capacity of 2.5Ah
The machine aforementioned above is one that clears our patios and sidewalks with ease and efficiently.
The best cordless snow blower is designed to ease the burden of having to clear the snow using shovels and other old-time technology that could otherwise be time-consuming and tiring.
Imagine having to do it every morning using shovels? The green works pro is easy to use and has good feature that are user friendly.
- Has a 2.o Ah battery which is not rechargeable.
- Its average weight is 33 pounds.
- Has an electrical voltage of 80 volts
- Has a clearing depth of 10 inches
- It is very quiet, user and environmentally friendly.
- It is very efficient since it has a run time of up to 45 minutes.
- Clears your driveways/sidewalks and patios quickly hence saves time.
- Easy to use for all.
- Versatile, can be used for different functions.
- If the battery temperature is too cold it will not start properly.
- When it does not start, it can take longer before it starts, hence can delay work.
- Batteries if not rechargeable can be very expensive.
- Since its being used for many purposes, efficiency can be decreased over time.
Given the various features of the Snow Joe, and unlike other snow machines, the help the user in ensuring that they can get through their day without the hustle of dealing with snow.
It is frustrating and can be time consuming. The fact that it can be used for various different purposes makes it a solution for most families and helps them have a better day.
The machines are easy to use, affordable and are found on various shopping outlets.
- The best cordless snow blower weighs 14.5 pounds
- Comes packed with a rechargeable battery and charger.
- Has a 2 blade paddle auger
- Has an adjustable back-saving handle.
- Its cordless hence, can be moved from one place to another
- Versatile. Can be used for many different purposes, i.e. clearing sidewalks/patios and driveways.
- Has a rechargeable battery
- Has a low maintenance cost, since it does not emit any carbon neither does it have a cord which wears out from time to time.
- It is light weight, meaning it can be easily carried from one place to another.
- Has a 2 year warrant form the day of purchase.
- Ease to use and affordable.
- In the event of black out or power failure, the Snow Joe poses a big challenge if not efficiently used.
- The cost of the batteries and charger are expensive, hence, care has to be taken when in use.
- Since its being used for many purposes, efficiency can be decreased overtime.
In conclusion, the battery-operated snow blower listed above all work for the same purpose to sever its owner the benefit of handling the snow issue on those snowy days.
They all have similar features with minor differences where one is more powerful than the other or one has more runtime than the other.
Each snow blower with its different specifications will serve different people with their different needs which may align to the type, price range and pathways to clear.
I love snow but not the time that I have to clear snow in the winter. I can’t dig out my car, I can’t get to the mailboxes, and I can’t see my neighbor’s houses.
So spring is one of my favorite times of the year because I know that the snowblower will be put away and I won’t have to clean snow out of the way for a few months.