What is the best battery-powered snow blower? So, you want to buy a snowblower, and you want it to be cordless? That’s smart for a number of reasons.
First and foremost, there aren’t any cords to worry about, so you can clear your driveway at any time of day, including early morning!
And this is especially great if you have a large property. You can go as far as you want before you have to find an outlet to plug into.
When buying a snow blower, it is important to know that the overall goal is the efficiency and effectiveness of the product…
|Snowblower||Voltage||Clearing Width/Depth||Battery Life||Price|
|Snow Joe iON18SB Snow Blower||40 Volts||18"/8"||50 min||View|
|GreenWorks Pro Cordless Snow Thrower||80 Volts||20"/10"||45 min||View|
|Snow Joe iON15SB-LT Cordless Snow Blower||40 Volts||15"/8"||30 min||View|
|Greenworks 2600402 Pro 80V 20-Inch Cordless Snow Thrower||80 Volts||20"/10"||45 min||View|
|Snow Joe iON13SS Snow Shovel Kit||40 Volts||13"/6"||52 min||View|
Related: Best Battery Powered Snow Blower
Best Battery Powered Snow Blower Buying Guide
Most snowblowers are large, gas-powered machines with lots of moving parts that need regular maintenance to keep them running smoothly.
But battery-powered snowblowers, which are powered by rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, are perfect for the homeowner who doesn’t have a lot of storage space or the budget for gas and maintenance.
Like electric snow blowers, they’re also more environmentally friendly. Gas-powered models emit pollutants into the environment.
To have cordless snow blowers that can do what you want them to do and deliver top-notch results goes beyond the factor of price and customer preference which also are key in choosing what to buy.
In this case, what you can look out for is:
Ease of use
Any product should be easy to use. Sometimes we buy machines that end up being difficult to use, hence one ends up hiring someone to do it or better still spend hours trying to learn how to use it.
This is about the question of if the product or equipment will do the work you want it to do. Does it have the necessary features and work power to get the job done?
Here it’s more about the results, does it have a good work outcome? Some products are good when advertised but do not do as much as one would want them to.
Is the product affordable? The prices should cater for the different financial groups and also ensure that even for someone with a small budget; one can still manage to buy one.
Customers should have a choice, a choice in the sense that one can be in a position to find whatever they want at the almost exact preference they want to.
How long the cordless snow blowers last is equally important. Despite them being affordable and efficient as they are effective, the other milestone should be can they last longer and still perform their work.
Best Battery Powered Snow Blower Reviews
Cordless snow blowers are the ideal blower for people who do not want the hassle of pulling a cord or who do not have a power outlet close enough to where they need to clean up the snow.
A battery-operated snowblower has many of the same features as a gas-powered snowblower, such as an adjustable chute, but without the need to deal with a noisy engine or gasoline.
I have listed the best battery-powered snow blowers on the market today below. I have broken down each product and told you how well they work, how easy they are to use, and how long they can run on a single charge.
Snow Joe iON18SB 40-Volt iONMAX Cordless Brushless Single Stage Snowblower
This type of snow blower was introduced into the market 15 years ago by a company called the Snow Joe. They are responsible for the creation of the lithium ion battery.
This new introduction into their lineup is seen to be more reliable and consistent equipment for those snowy days which is quite friendly for sidewalks and decks.
- Contains a 40V 4. 0 AH iONMAX rechargeable lithium-Ion battery.
- Contains an auto-rotate directional chute
- Made of plastic body material
- Has no pull cords or cord extensions
- Has a weight of 32 lbs.
- The best battery snow blower has a 2year warranty
- Has a runtime of 50 min
- A capacity of up to 500 lbs of snow per minute
- Its light in weight
- It is easy to maneuver around with
- It is affordable and customer friendly
- Its easy to assemble and use
- Moves about 500 pounds of snow
- Doesn’t maneuver easily on snow that is 6” deep
- No latch for the battery compartment
- Doesn’t operate well on really wet snow
- There is easy clogging.
Greenworks 20-Inch 40V Cordless Snow Thrower
This snow blower is a product of the Greenworks company that was established in 2007.
This equipment that is powered by a 40 Volt battery has shown to be a powerful device for an average user to handle those light snow days to clear up your pavements. It is a reliable, competent, light, and efficient device that does justice to the work.
- Contains a battery power of 40V
- Has a weight of 33lbs
- Has a 4year warranty
- Contains one battery
- Has a headlight
- Contains a rotating chute
- Has a runtime of 45min
- It easy to assemble and use
- Its easy to maneuver through dry snow
- Has a quiet run to it
- Its affordable and customer friendly
- Does not have cord extensions
- Efficient high-performance equipment
- Does not work well on uneven ground
- Has issues with defective units
- Does not operate well on really wet snow
- The chute gets easily clogged
Snow Joe Ion15SB-LT 40-Volt iONMAX Cordless Single Stage Snow Blower
This equipment is part of the product manufactured by the Snow Joe company.
As seen in the other more improved snowblower machines from the same company, this one works just as well. It is quite useful when putting in 30 min of work to get the top snow off.
No maintenance is required for this single-stage snow blower machine and can last for a life time.
- Battery power of 40 Volts
- Contains one battery
- Has a 180 degrees chute that is adjustable
- Has a 2-year warranty
- Has a foldable handle
- Has a runtime of 30 minutes
- Has a capacity (max) of 441 pounds of snow per minute
- It’s easy to assemble and use
- It is light in weight
- Easy to maneuver around
- It has a quiet run to it
- It’s affordable compared to a gas snow blower
- It’s effective on flat surfaces and dry snow.
- The chute easily comes off
- It clogs easily
- Does not operate well on wet snow
- Does not operate well on uneven grounds
- Does not have a powerful battery: capacity of 2.5Ah
Green works 26004 02 pro 80v 20-inch cordless snow thrower
The machine aforementioned above is one that clears our patios and sidewalks with ease and efficiently.
The best cordless snow blower is designed to ease the burden of having to clear the snow using shovels and other old-time technology that could otherwise be time-consuming and tiring.
Imagine having to do it every morning using shovels? The green works pro is easy to use and has good features that are user-friendly.
- Has a 2.0 Ah battery which is not rechargeable.
- Its average weight is 33 pounds.
- Has an electrical voltage of 80 volts
- Cuts up to 10 inches of snow (depth)
- It is very quiet, user and environmentally friendly.
- It is very efficient since it has a run time of up to 45 minutes.
- Clears your driveways/sidewalks and patios quickly hence saves time.
- Easy to use for all.
- Unlike electric snow blowers, they are versatile, can be used for different functions.
- If the battery temperature is too cold it will not start properly.
- When it does not start, it can take longer before it starts, hence can delay work.
- Batteries if not rechargeable can be very expensive.
- Since its being used for many purposes, efficiency can be decreased over time.
Snow Joe ION13ss 40V 10Nmax cordless brushless snow shovel kit/13-inch.
Given the various features of the Snow Joe, and unlike other snow machines, the help the user in ensuring that they can get through their day without the hustle of dealing with snow.
It is frustrating and can be time-consuming. The fact that it can be used for various different purposes makes it a solution for most families and helps them have a better day.
The machines are easy to use, affordable and are found on various shopping outlets.
- The best cordless snow blower weighs 14.5 pounds
- Comes packed with a rechargeable battery and charger.
- Has a 2 blade paddle auger
- Cuts up to 6 inches of snow (depth)
- Has an adjustable back-saving handle.
- Up to 300 pounds of snow per minute
- It is cordless hence, can be moved from one place to another
- Versatile. Can be used for many different purposes, i.e. clearing sidewalks/patios and driveways.
- Has a rechargeable battery
- Has a low maintenance cost, since it does not emit any carbon neither does it have a cord that wears out from time to time.
- It is lightweight, meaning it can be easily carried from one place to another.
- Has a 2-year warranty from the day of purchase.
- Ease to use and affordable.
- In the event of a blackout or power failure, the Snow Joe poses a big challenge if not efficiently used.
- The cost of the batteries and charger are expensive, hence, care has to be taken when in use.
- Since its being used for many purposes, efficiency can be decreased over time.
Cordless snow blowers are quiet, more environmentally friendly than gas-powered snowblowers. Also, compared to gas snow blowers, they are lightweight and easier to store.
Unlike gas snow blowers, battery snowblowers come with a push to start button. You don’t have to struggle with a cord to get it running.
This will depend on the specific blower. Some snow blowers have a longer battery life than others. For instance, the Snow Joe iON18SB will give you 50 minutes of whisper-quiet runtime while the Snow Joe iON15SB-LT will give you 30 minutes of run time
In conclusion, the battery-operated snow blower listed above all work for the same purpose to sever its owner the benefit of handling the snow issue on those snowy days.
All snow blowers have similar features with minor differences where one is more powerful than the other or one has more runtime than the other.
Each snow blower with its different specifications will serve different people with their different needs which may align to the type, price range and pathways to clear.
I love snow but not the time that I have to clear snow in the winter. I can’t dig out my car, I can’t get to the mailboxes, and I can’t see my neighbor’s houses.
So spring is one of my favorite times of the year because I know that the snowblower will be put away and I won’t have to clean snow out of the way for a few months.