Whether you’re a beginner to the paintball gameplay or simply looking to upgrade your arsenal to the next level, shopping for your next paintball gun can be a bit challenging. With the myriads of options available out there, choosing the best paintball gun for the money can be tricky and overwhelming at the same time.
People may think that affordable paintball guns are not effective and long-lasting. Although this may be true for some cheap paintball markers, others have a durable and economical design. However, it may be a daunting task choosing the best paintball gun for the money. For this reason, we’ve listed the 5 best affordable paintball guns along with a buying guide that will help you make the right decision.
|Paintball Gun||Caliber||Power Type||Capacity||Price|
|Maddog Tippmann Cronus||0.68||CO2||200 round||View|
|Action Village Tippmann Cronus||0.68||CO2||200 round||View|
|Maddog Tippmann TMC MAGFED||0.68||CO2||200 round||View|
|Action Village Azodin KAOS 3||0.68||CO2||150 round||View|
|Action Village Kingman Spyder||0.68||CO2||150 round||View|
Best Paintball Markers for the Money Reviews
Tippmann Cronus Paintball Marker Gun Player Package
The Tippmann Cronus Paintball Marker Gun Player Package is a great choice for beginners and intermediates operating on a budget. It has a high firing rate which gives you an edge when battling your opponents. This superb quality marker is designed to withstand the harshest battlefield conditions. It also has an ergonomic design that is super comfortable to hold.
- In-line bolt design
- Multiple picatinny rails
- 200 round gravity fed loader
- 20 Oz CO2 tank
- Extremely lightweight
- Low maintenance
- Reliable and durable
- The air tank may stop working after sometime
Related: Best AEP Airsoft Pistol
Tippmann TMC MAGFED Paintball Marker
The Tippmann TMC MAGFED Paintball Marker comes with a tactical look and feel at a low price tag. It comes with two mags that are prolific and affordable. If you’re tired of using mags, you can get a hopper with a changeable feed style of this gun. This marker rarely needs maintenance; all you need is to lubricate the gun every time you’re in the field and clean it well. Additionally, it is easy to operate, and with practice, you’ll hit moving targets with ease.
- 2 color options
- 12″ high-performance barrel
- Internal stainless steel gas line
- Unique design
- Sturdy and durable
- Comfortable rubber handle
- Good shooting ability
- The charging handle is not robust
Tippmann Cronus Tactical Marker
If you’re looking for a high-end paintball marker that’s trusted by most paintball players all over the world, this a good bet. This high-quality marker is specially designed to withstand even the harshest playing conditions. It has an ergonomic design that makes it easy to hold on the battlefield.
- High-impact composite body
- Vertical grip
- Reliable and durable
- Ideal for beginners
- Sturdy and beautiful
- Not very accurate
Tippmann 98 Custom Platinum Basic Series 3Skull Paintball Gun Marker MEGA Set
The Tippmann 98 Custom Platinum is among the most reliable paint guns in the market. It is easy to use, high performance, reliable and can be upgraded. This paintball gun has an aluminum body and is easy to carry around the battlefield. It comes with a Split Receiver design that gives you easier access to internal components for easy installation.
- 20-ounces CO2 tank
- 200-round hopper
- GXG XVSN protective tank
- 21-inch jerk squeegee
- Durable and reliable design
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Air efficient
- Some users reported that they received faulty tanks
Tippmann 98 Custom Platinum Series Paintball Gun
If you’re tight on budget and new in paintball, this is a great choice. The Tippmann 98 Custom Platinum Series Paintball Gun is easy to use and maintain, thanks to the anti-chop system. It is a semi-automatic marker with an impressive firing rate of eight balls per second. This marker has a durable design and can withstand bad weather conditions, falls, and rolls. This is a good bet when you want to start off playing speedball and woodsball. It is equipped with an inline bolt system that minimizes paintball wastage during the firing process.
- 0.68 caliber
- 200 hopper capacity
- 8 BPS firing rate
- 8.5” barrel length
- Pretty accurate
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Air efficient
- Doesn’t shoot very fast
What Equipment Do I Need for Paintball?
Undoubtedly, you need your paintball gun, but apart from that, you need to invest in some safety equipment to ensure that you’re fully protected. Although paintball guns won’t kill you, they can be very dangerous without the right precautions.
- Face Mask– Face mask is among the most crucial gear you need to protect your face while on the battlefield. So before you spend all your hard-earned cash on a paintball gun, you should try and buy a paintball mask as well.
- Hopper– Hopper is the “magazine” in paintball. If you’re a beginner, you can start with the gravity-fed hoppers since you’ll have less to worry about, but an electronic hopper helps you to shoot rapidly in a short time frame.
- Safety Gear– You also need other safety gear like gloves, vests, knee and elbow pads. Gloves are only a great option if they allow you to maneuver quickly on the battlefield. A vest that is specially designed for paintball is a worthy investment. Paintball knee pads provide you with the safety and comfort you need to concentrate on the game. Additionally, paintball elbow pads are designed to absorb impact and keep your arms safe while in the game.
Tips to Improve Your Gameplay
- Always mind your surroundings. Being keen on the changes to the environment will help you know when to run for cover when attacked. Also, ensure that you’re moving throughout the game.
- Do not pop out of cover in the same spot at the same time. You can move at a lower position or higher and shoot from different directions to avoid being predicted by your opponents.
- Never let your opponents predict your next moves. This will give you an advantage in the field and dominance in the game.
- It’s advisable to stay in groups and watch each other’s back. This will give your opponents a hard time trying to sneak up and eliminate someone. Never underestimate the power of a friendly cover on the battlefield.
How Does a Paintball Gun Work?
This depends on the type of marker you’re using. Like all paintball markers, paintballs are fired using compressed gas. Mostly, this gas is CO2 or standard air, stored in tanks attached to the gun. When you shoot your weapon, you activate a bolt that loads a paintball pellet into the barrel. The paintball is then fired with the help of a valve release which delivers a compressed air shot into the barrel.
Can I Reuse Paintballs?
No, it’s not advisable to reuse a paintball. Once the paintballs are fired, they get distorted after dropping on the floor and can mess your weapon when used again.
Related: Best Paintball Gun for Woodsball
Best Paintball Gun for the Money Buying Guide
Before purchasing a paintball gun, there are certain aspects you need to be keen on to help you make an informed decision and go home with the right weapon. Here is a list of the most crucial factors to keep in mind.
If you’re looking for utmost precision and accuracy, the paintball barrel is a crucial component to consider. However, if you’re new to paintballing, understanding barrel specs can be a bit tricky. Aluminum barrels have a lightweight body, affordable, and the best choice for newbies. If you want something premium, go for a barrel made from carbon fiber, which is robust and durable. Stainless steel barrels are durable, easy to maintain, and can hold heavy use for a long time. However, they are a bit heavy.
The length of the barrels is also a crucial factor to consider. If the barrel is short, the overall gun will be short. This gives you more flexibility and ease in maneuvering the battlefield. With long barrels, you can enjoy better accuracy levels. Therefore, you should keep in mind that length determines how long the paintball will remain in the barrel, thus affecting maximum velocity.
You do not want a gun that affects your performance due to its heavyweight. Choosing a heavy gun will reduce your performance in the field. Therefore, you should look for a gun with a lightweight design. By doing so, you’ll have an easy time walking around.
Before investing in a paintball gun, you need to check if it can be customized to your personal style. It’s crucial to understand that most gamers have different preferences when it comes to markers. This is why you should go for a customizable gun. A customizable paintball gun is easy to adapt to different scenarios that might arise in the game. Also, look for a gun that has multiple firing options.
Ease of Disassembly
It’s advisable to check if the paintball gun can be disassembled or not. Remember, just like other types of guns, these markers also tend to jam at times. When this happens, you might need to disassemble it to get it back on track. Fortunately, there are several options that can be disassembled without using tools.
Most modern paintball guns are operate using CO2 or high weight air (HPA). If you want to use CO2, ensure that your paintball markers are compatible with CO2. The best part about paintball CO2 tanks is that they are easy to maintain and cheap.
Related: Best Paintball Pods / Tubes
Paintball games are very engaging and competitive at the same time. However, if you have a low-quality paintball gun, you might find the game less fun. That is why you need to invest in the best gun for paintball.
In this article, we’ve made your purchasing journey easy by reviewing the best paintball guns for money on the market. Pick one and take your game to the next level!