What is the Best Self-Propelled Lawnmower under 300 Dollars?
A lawnmower that is self-propelled is great for home and commercial use. It makes sense to research and purchase carefully for one because you will be using it from spring until fall to trim your lawn.
Choosing the best self-propelled lawn mower is not as easy as it seems. After a long time of testing the many features different models have to suit your needs, we hope to make it an easy process for you.
We have included buying advice and in-depth reviews of different models that can make your work easier, less of a hustle and fast.
Table of Contents
Best Self Propelled Lawn Mower under 300 Buying Guide
Just as you will in most consumer products we have in the market today, the more features a lawn mower has the more expensive it becomes.
Having many features is not necessarily better; you may find that sometimes less is more. Below are some important features to keep in mind when choosing the best $300 self-propelled mower.
A lawn mower is powered by an engine, it can be as small as just 125cc, most of them fall somewhere between 140cc – 190cc. When powering through extreme conditions, lush and tall grass, a large engine is going to make your work very easy.
Size of lawn
To know what mow to buy, it is important to consider how big or how small your lawn is. There are mowers that are suitable for various sizes and would be only fair to you to actually inquire before you make any purchase.
This is very important because different terrains require different wheel sizes. In this case, mowers that are being used on flat terrains will require standard wheels, here they will be more efficient and would actually last longer.
In hilly or tough terrains, it’s important you have larger wheels, for the purpose of balance and grip.
When the width is larger, the more grass you can cut in a round. If you happen to buy a mower with a smaller width, you will cut less grass for a long duration of time. However, with smaller spaces, the larger one may not be much different.
There are electric and gas models, each with different aspects to consider in the market. For petrol models, they are further categorized into two types, a 2-stroke engine and a 4-stroke engine.
Each engine requires different types of fuel. Electric lawnmowers are categorized as both wired and wireless models, which means you can have a lawnmower or an electric lawn mower through the outlet.
Self Propelled Lawn Mower under 300 Reviews 2021
The Lawn-Boy 1772 is suitable for medium-sized laws. Despite the disadvantages, it’s a better and efficient tool that one can buy for less than 300 dollars.
It’s also suitable for people who sometimes take longer to lawn their maws, since it can cut tough and long grass. It is efficient and effective and can be recommended to every homeowner.
In the event that when purchased it has some defects, can be returned in line with the 3-year Tru- start commitment policy.
- It is gas powered
- Has a rear wheel drive system
- 2-point-height-of cut system
- Has a 3-year Tru-start commitment
- Has a better traction and control all because of its rear wheel drive system
- The cutting height can be easily adjusted to suit the needs of the user.
- It is CARB certified.
- Suitable for middle-sized lawns
- Can cut long and tough grass
- Available and affordable for under 300 dollars.
- Since it is gas powered, it may require heavy maintenance and service from time to time.
- It poses a risk to the user as it is heavy and has sharp blades.
- It is environmentally unfriendly
The WORX WG779 is user friendly, not only is it affordable for under 300 dollars, it has features that are not on other lawn mowers.
The unique feature of a full-bag indicator and a battery meter is not something you come across any day. It is one piece of equipment that homeowners need to grab but should however satisfy the needs and desired outcome of the user.
It’s easy to use, since it comes with a manual that explains in detail the use of each feature, how to use and how the user can ensure sustainability and durability.
- Dual charger port
- Has a 6 height adjustment
- Full-bag indicator
- Has a battery meter
- Mulching or bagging compatibility
- Intellicut torque feature.
- Can be adjusted to and height favorable to the user.
- The battery meter notifies the user when it is time to visit the garage.
- The full-bag indicator alerts the user when the grass bag is full so as to empty it.
- The dual-port charger is to enable the mower to charge faster.
- You can bag or mulch the grass back to the ground.
- Available and affordable for under 300 dollars.
- Not suitable for large lawns since it will drain the battery.
- Takes long to recharge, 30 minutes to one hour, thus slows work efficiency.
- Not suitable on hilly terrains
- Cannot mow thicker lawns or grass.
The taste and preferences of every user differ, one may find this particular lawn mower suitable since it’s what he/she wants.
For small lawns, this is the best choice, it keeps you fit and for the few that love a good workout can actually use this for large lawns, though not suitable can actually do the trick.
Anyway, it is available for fewer than 300 dollars and one outstanding feature is the solid rubber tires. This is quite unique as they do not wear and tear off easily. It makes the lawn mower durable than most as well as easily maintainable.
- A quick and adjustable cutting height(0.5 – 1.75 inches).
- The blades have a width of 14-inches.
- 5-blade ball bearing reel.
- 8.5-inch composite wheels.
- Blades are made of heat treated alloy steel.
- Has a T-style handle.
- Tires are of solid rubber
- The blades are sharp all the time.
- It is comfortable, easy, tool-less assemble due to its lightweight design.
- Has low maintenance as it uses no oil or gas.
- Its tires do not wear and tear easily since they are made of rubber.
- Affordable and available at major stores for under 300 dollars.
- Requires constant sharpening to keep the blades sharp.
- Not suitable for large lawns
- It is tiresome since it is pushed from one corner to another,
- Not suitable for long and tough grass.
The self-propelled feature in this is unique. Unlike other mowers, it can be left to mow as you follow it closely since it cannot do certain things, like take a turn.
This is a mower that makes your work easier as well as fun as you mow.
The dual battery compartment is meant to increase run time, it can be very frustrating to wait for an hour or so before the battery is fully recharged, hence, with this type of machine, you wouldn’t be worried when the battery dies.
- It has a self-propelled drive system.
- Durable 21-inch steel deck
- Has an added battery compartment, hence, it is dual.
- 3-in-1 cutting deck with side discharge
- Mulching and bagging capabilities.
- Single lever high adjustment with 7 settings.
- Users can mow large lawns without necessarily pushing it.
- It has a longer run time due to the added battery compartment.
- One can either bag or mulch the grass depending on preference.
- Affordable and available at local stores.
- Not suitable for long lawns.
- Not suitable in uneven terrain.
- Batteries can be an expensive expense to the user.
It is suitable for residential purposes and can mow a middle-sized lawn.
Sometimes our lawns are all grown up and we lack the resources to hire someone to do it.
This in most cases is expensive and thus narrows down to you having your own lawnmower that fits into your preferences and the work you want it to do.
This not only saves you money, but it gives you the opportunity to do it by yourself and to your own liking. The satisfaction and thrill is unmatched. However, it all dawns down to one thing, finding the perfect tool for the job.
- 3-in-1 bag with a side discharge.
- Mulching capabilities.
- 5-position height adjustment.
- 21-inch steel mowing deck.
- 8-inch rear wheels.
- Gas powered.
- Easy pull starting
- Mulching retains important nutrients that are help the grass grow healthy.
- It has 8-inch rear wheels which make it easy to push
- Height adjustment allows you to change the cutting height to the desired height.
- Suitable for middle-sized lawns.
- Can cut long and tough grass
- Affordable and available at local shops.
- It is not environmentally friendly as it uses gas.
- Requires heavy maintenance and service to keep it sustainable and durable.
They are quite a variety of lawn mower which suit the different needs and preferences of different users. They have distinct features that make them stand out hence, are subject to the choice of the user.
All the above serve the same purpose, but due to the various features, prices vary. I hope the above guide helps you settle for the best self propelled lawn mower under 300.
It is equally important to take note of what to consider when buying this equipment and to inquire more before you make your decision.
From the above list, it is evident that one can get a lawnmower for less than 300 dollars, which is not only efficient and effective but durable and to the liking and choice of the user.