What are the Best Cordless Hedge Trimmers for 2021?
Having a garden also comes with a whole range of responsibilities. You will need different tools which will help you to maintain your garden well.
One of the most challenging chores for a gardener is to trim their hedges. If you have hedges or bushes then you might be looking out for a hedge trimmer, but with so many variations and brands available out there in the market, how can you get the best pick for your needs?
With our list of cordless electric trimmers, there is no need to worry. In this article, we have reviewed the best hedge trimmers that will perfectly suit all your requirements.
We have listed out some of the best cordless electric hedge trimmers with some of their features too.
Have a closer look at these models and then you can go ahead with your final purchase.
Table of Contents
Best Cordless Hedge Trimmer Reviews
The Sun Joe lets you clean, trim, and cut away those overgrown bushes. It is equipped with a 200W motor with dual action blades. The handle is made so that friction and vibration are reduced and this could very well be the most comfortable handles. These can rip through and shape shrubs making maintenance a breeze. The 22” blades are rust-resistant and will keep your hedges looking beautiful throughout the year. Their range of outdoor equipment simplifies all your gardening routines.
- 24v litihium ion battery
- 55 minutes of runtime
- 22” steel blades
- 40% vibration reduction handles
- Rust Resistant Blades
The Greenworks 20” trimmer is a great light weight trimmer with excellent cutting power. It is equipped with a 24V battery delivering fade free performance. It has 20” steel blades that tear through most shrub and bush. It is very light weight and comes with a battery and charger in one combo. The Greenworks 24v line offers versatility within their brand and tools. They offer affordable prices and good DIY and outdoor tools for every day use. The great thing about this range and other Greenworks products is that the batteries are interchangeable among tool families.
- 24V Lithium-Ion Battery
- 20″ dual-action blades
- 3/8″ cutting capacity
- Lightweight design
- 2Ah Battery and charger included
This excellent cordless trimmer is a great example of Greenworks value for money. It comes with a 24v battery and like the previous model, the battery is interchangeable between similar families. IT has an 180 degree rotating handle that provides excellent wrist support, as well as cracking those hard to reach angles. This one has 22” steel blades for performance that will suit any home gardner. It really a great trimmer and Greenworks offer a variety of excellent budget and performance options. All the tools are backed with a 4 year warranty and batteries are 2 years.
- 24V Lithium-Ion Battery and compatible with both indoor and outdoor tools – Charger
- 180 degree rotating rear handle
- 22-Inch dual action blades
- 5/8-Inch cutting capacity
The 60V Max is a trimmer of the highest voltage. It is a monster when it comes to tackling thick branches. This will suit any gardener or enthusiast DIY as this can tackle any tough job. The Powercut feature lets the power flow through tougher jobs at a push of a button. It is equipped with 24” blades and has an anti-vibration handles with soft grip zones so they really help you out when trimming. The trimmer also displays what level the battery level is on and how much power you have left.
- 60v Lithium-Ion
- 24” Steel Blades
- Charger and Battery Combo
- Power Cut Feature
This trimmer is considered to be one of the best budget picks for many customers in the market. This is a good hedge trimmer for homeowners as it has some great features to offer while also giving great value for money. The features of this product are as follows:
- It comes with hardened blades which are made from steel
- The ergonomic handle comes with a soft blade
- The interchangeable battery can be used with other WORX products as well
- The trimmer is also very light in weight – 6 Lbs
- It cuts branches of around 9/16 inch in diameter
- Also, it has a 20-volt Lithium battery which comes with a charger too. This battery gives an increase in power
- Apart from all these features, the product also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and offers a warranty period of 3 years
This trimmer is superior in quality and also offers higher power for cutting. This model is compact and also is lightweight. You are going to get great output from this model and it doesn’t make too much noise as well. Some of its amazing features are mentioned down below.
- It is a powerful trimmer
- It also offers a comfortable and steady grip to the user
- The top cover can be removed for maintenance and it has a housing with a high-impact that gives durability and resistance from shock
- It also has a good battery charge
- It is a good pick for cutting heavy-duty edges and thick branches
- This model offers a trigger mechanism
- It comes with a limited warranty of 3 years
- It helps in cutting branches as thick as ¾ of an inch
This trimmer is a perfect option for your hedge needs. You can use it for tending your flower gardens, trimming bushes and higher hedges and for maintaining your garden in general. It comes with some good features so do not forget to check them out. Some of them have been mentioned right below.
- A device which is simply easy to operate
- The blades can be adjustable
- Also, it works well for trees
- Comes with good battery life
Looking out for a non-hassle, trimming experience? Well, then this is a good pick for you. This trimmer comes with a 7.2-volt lithium-ion battery that is rechargeable. Also, this machine is super light in weight and weighs about 2.5 lbs. apart from this; It also has other features to offer.
- The best use of this hedge trimmer is for grooming of hedges, smaller garden areas and also reaches out to those areas where your mower cannot reach.
- It comes with blades that can be interchanged which can be either used for trimming of hedges or grass
- Longer battery life
- It offers a 2 in 1 tool feature where you can easily convert it from a hedger to a grass shear without any hassle
Greenworks have been making their products since 2007 and you can be free of stress when using their equipment. They are famous for their all-time battery-powered garden and home equipment since back then. They have built a strong customer base with 80V gear and interchangeable batteries. Some of the features offered in this hedge trimmer.
You can truly rely on its power and you will also be astonished to see how far the technology of battery has come. These batteries have been developed in such a way that they work across the line of products. So, if you are working with more than one product you will be able to charge that with the additional batteries.
- The charging is quick – you can keep it to charge for about 30 minutes and you will get good power for a decent amount of time.
- It also has other features like the Lithium-ion battery and a handle with the rotating rear.
- This hedge trimmer weighs 12 lbs.
This garden trimmer for long grass is reliable and ergonomic which is a perfect pick for long-term use. It uses the art cut technology and thus it gives a hassle-free cutting experience. Apart from this, the hedge trimmer is also portable and light in weight. Also, it makes cutting on larger properties quite simpler.
- It comes with a 2 in 1 system where quickly change from 100 mm to 70 mm grass cutting.
- You can be lured by the design of this trimmer but it offers great output and makes the overall operation simpler.
- For easy operation, this device comes with a landscaping design.
At times, it is difficult to get rid of the overgrowth in your backyard. What do you do then? Well, there is nothing to worry about with this hedge trimmer, which will help you with all your essential stubborn overgrowth issues. Wondering how is that even possible? The DCHT860M1 trimmer has a great capacity to cut through the bushes even if it is tough to get the job done. Apart from that, the product is assured of a long-lasting life. Now, let us check out some of the amazing features offered by this hedge trimmer.
- Comfort: the handle is perfectly comfortable. So, even if the hedge is of different configurations you will be able to comfortably trim the hedges. Even if you have to keep trimming for a few hours continuously this won’t get you tired because this equipment is light in weight.
- Durability: the shock-resistant housing will make sure that the blades are protected from getting damaged. This trimmer runs on battery and is portable. Also, it saves you from all the effort of running to a gas station to get it fuelled every time you need to get a trim.
If you are searching for a good and professional hedge trimmer, here is an awesome pick that will suit any professional. When you want to maintain a professional look in your garden you will have to use professional equipment as well. This trimmer provides you with great mobility and power too. Some of the key highlights of this hedge trimmer are as follows.
- This is one of the most trusted and reputed brands available out there in the market.
- It comes with a quick-cut technology
- Trim 6000ft per charge
- It is equipment that is lightweight. It weighs about 5 pounds.
- It also offers an integrated swing function
- This equipment is designed ergonomically
- Apart from all these features, this device also offers intelligently controlled energy
Are cordless hedge trimmers any good?
Well, you might be in two minds on whether you should purchase a cordless or a corded hedge trimmer for your gardening needs. We have listed out some of the most obvious reasons as to why you should go cordless. With these benefits, you will be able to make up your mind on your best pick.
The weight of your hedge trimmers, isn’t a small factor. If you have lighter hedge trimmers then your cuts are going to be straighter. Opting for cordless trimmers is beneficial because they are light in weight. With this essential benefit, you can also reach those areas in the bushes which otherwise would have been difficult. This implies that you can get hedges even and straight for a beautiful garden.
Another perk of using cordless trimmers is that you can roam about with it without any hassle. So, it gives you the flexibility and convenience that you require to get your job done. Even if you have some areas to deal with outside your garden you can easily do that. All thanks to this cordless trimmer!
Which is better electric or battery hedge trimmer?
In comparison to the corded trimmers which can be such a nuisance to start, these electric or cordless trimmers are so much easier and simple to start. All you need to do is pull the trigger and voila, the blade will start working immediately. Isn’t that great?
How do I choose a hedge trimmer?
It is important to take a closer look at the safety features of your hedge trimmer. You will come across some models with a handguard that will keep the debris away from falling back at you.
Apart from this, there are other safety features that you should try to find in your hedge trimmer. This includes the two-handed hedger, where both your hands are needed to activate the trimmer.
Also, the on/off switch lock is a useful safety feature that you should be looking out for as you could be distracted for a while you have kids or pets roam about in the garden.
The length of the hedge is another important factor that you need to consider before making your purchase. With an appropriate length of the trimming blade, you will be able to effectively trim all the sides well. If you require the hedger for heavy-duty purposes then you can check out those models which come with a larger tooth gap. Make sure you opt for a trimmer that has a pivoting head so that you can adjust the trimmer in such a way that it can fit the hedge size. This feature is very useful especially when you trim down the sides and along the top of the hedge.
When you are searching for hedge trimmers, there is a wide range of options to choose from. Before you set out for your purchase, there are a few questions that you need to ask yourself. Make sure you check the list given before your purchase.
- What type of branches will you be pruning – Thick or thin?
- The type of job you will be using the hedge trimmer for – heavy or light work?
- The type of property you will use it on – commercial or residential property?
- What is the size of your lawn – small, medium or large?
- What type of hedges will you be trimming – low, high or wide hedges?